Royal Ascot Ladies Day – Thursday 21st June 2018
We are now in the process of filling the 3rd coach so please do hurry and make your booking as soon as possible whilst there is still good availability. Book before the end of February as the price increases in March. Package includes: breakfast, car parking, executive coach transfer, Champagne, premium spirits, rum punch, private picnic, hot buffet, afternoon tea, fun & party…all at no extra cost.
This event now in its 10th year offers you a great day experiencing the champagne filled pomp and ceremony of the world’s most famous racecourse, whilst allowing you to let your hair down and party in our hospitality area with one of London’s best DJs, Nigel B of Special Touch. The climax to the day is a brilliant open air party with line dances watched by hundreds of passers-by – sheer QUALITY!!
£165 for the Windsor Enclosure (formally Silver Ring) or £195 for the Queen Enclosure (formally Grandstand). These prices increase by £10 from 1st March.
To make your booking
**Please make a BACS payment to the UFD account Sort Code 20-67-88, Account No. 93310507 using your name as a reference and AFTER making your payment please IMMEDIATELY email your contact details and booking requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org alerting us of your payment.**
Please do book early as spaces are limited. – last year’s event sold out fast! Please do not hesitate to call Bob on 07886 884573 should you have any questions or enquiry about group bookings.
This is also very much a day for the gentlemen!
Coach seats will be allocated on a ‘first-come’ basis at the time of booking so you’ll know your coach number beforehand so please book your group together ASAP if you wish to guarantee being seated on the same coach.
Royal Ascot is a unique event in the summer social calendar, steeped in tradition, heritage and pageantry dating back to 1711. The jewel in Ascot’s crown, Royal Ascot attracts over 300,000 racegoers each year, to view the splendour and colour of five days of the finest racing, fashion and glamour. The quality of the horse racing at the Royal Meeting is simply outstanding. It is an essential date for your diary.
This year Unity Fitness & Dance [UFD] have given you the choice of purchasing tickets for either the Queen Ann or Windsor Enclosures. The dress code is for ladies; a hat, headpiece or fascinator must be worn at all times. Strapless or sheer strap dresses and tops are not permitted. Trousers must be full length and worn with a top that adheres to the guidelines. Jackets and pashminas may be worn but dresses and tops underneath must still comply with the dress code. Midriffs must be covered. Gentlemen; a smart suit with shirt and tie or top hats and tails; traditional dress is welcomed. Sports attire, jeans and shorts are strictly forbidden.
UFD will be supplying a scrumptious buffet lunch with lots of Champagne, Pimms and more than just a few extras – free of charge! However feel free to bring a bottle of your own favourite bubbly!!
The Queen Ann Enclosure (formally the Grandstand), provides excellent facilities and viewing areas at ground level and lawn level; here you can watch the Royal Procession and the racing action from the lawns in front of the Queen Ann Enc. The Pre-Parade Ring, Parade Ring and track are both within a short walking distance,by crossing the Concourse in the main Grandstand. There are a variety of places to eat, drink and bet – from the bookmakers in the betting ring to the totepool and betting shops in the main Grandstand; however, you do not have access to the upper levels of the Queen Ann Enclosure.
Other highlights of a Queen Ann Admission ticket include:
• Over 1,000 free seats are available from which to view the racing.
• Big Screen TVs on the Plaza Lawn.
• Military Bands performing in the Parade Ring before the Royal Procession each day.
• Traditional sing-along around the Bandstand after racing on each day. Free song books provided.
• Food outlets selling a variety of value for money cuisine options.
Windsor Enclosure (formally the Silver Ring) at Ascot is a separate admission area that provides an excellent position to watch the Royal Procession and the racing action. It does not provide access to the Queen Ann Enc or the Parade Ring and track. Although less formal, the Windsor is a lively area with bars, live band and DJ music.
Other highlights of a Silver Ring ticket include:
• Over 2,000 free seats available from which to view the racing.
• Big Screen TVs.
• Live music entertainment each day.
• Lawned area with many bars and food outlets.
Your day begin with a Bucks Fizz reception at the Blake Hall Sports Club, Blake Hall Road, Wanstead, London E11 2QW, where you’ll rendezvous with your executive coach fully equipped with DVD screen, WC, air conditioning, PA system, etc.
There is plenty of free parking within the grounds.
The coaches leave Blake Hall Sports Club at 8:30am sharp. You are advised to start arrive from 06:30am in order to register and enjoy our Caribbean style buffet breakfast with Bucks Fizz.
Tickets and security wristbands will be issued at Blake Hall Sports Club.
Once all are onboard we shall leisurely cruise through the morning rush hour in style whilst listening to some good grooves and enjoying the UFD non-competitive (yeah, right!) quiz and word search – prizes will be given to the winners!
Our catering crew shall serve you a light continental style breakfast inside the Blake Hall Sports Club prior to boarding the coach, which will comprise; hot and cold drinks accompanied with Bucks Fizz, scrumptious Caribbean canapés stuffed with ackee & salt fish or vegetables, pastries and exotic fruit salad.
The expected time of arrival at Ascot racecourse is approximately 11am.
Our talented master chefs, has created a mouth-watering menu of consisting of a Caribbean style picnic lunch, served hot with baked whole salmon, vegetarian curry, salads and seasonal fruits. You’ll be kept entertained by DJ Nigel B of Special Touch playing all your favourite tunes.
Complementary Champagne, rum punch, wine, beer and soft drinks will accompany your lunch. Feel free to bring some bubbly of your own!
Afternoon tea is served from 4:30pm. There will be a selection of cakes and pastries.
Coaches depart from Ascot at around 7pm and are expected to arrive back at the Blake Hall Sports Club at approximately 9:30pm. Remember you have all inclusive free parking at Blake Hall Sports Club.
Hints & tips
• Royal Procession takes place at 2pm
• Racing begins at 2:30pm
• Last Race 5:35pm
Things to bring & some tips
• A pair of binoculars
• Ladies bring some[additional] comfortable shoes
• An umbrella and/or raincoat or poncho
• A light blanket for the picnic lunch to be placed on the ground
• A small fold up chair if you prefer to be seated i.e. ‘chair in a bag’. Please label your chair and bag to make them easily identifiable.
• Your watch!
• Personal effects can be left on the coach but please don’t bring the crown jewels!
• Extra funds for your bets – please do bet sensibly, do not bet more than you can afford to lose.
• Collect your winnings as soon as possible to avoid long delays
• London Crew: Meet at Blake Hall Sports Club from 06:45am
• Book your taxi and plan your journey well in advance
• Why not avoid rushing around by saying overnight in a local guesthouse/hotel? Call the UFD office on 07886 884573 for details
• Don’t forget your camera for those memorable snaps
• Purchase a racing or national newspaper for tips and form guide
• If you wish to find out more about horseracing and betting please visit: www.britishhorseracing.com